Salida, Colorado is the perfect place to get all your holiday shopping done. With a wide variety of shops and a historic downtown area, Salida, Colorado offers a great selection of local Colorado gifts for everyone on your list. When you come to visit and stay for the holidays in this beautiful area, you have the chance to experience the rich variety of locally made goods that are unique to the surrounding culture. Read on to find some of the best products Colorado has to offer and support local businesses when you visit.
Sip Your Way Through Wood’s High Mountain Distillery
For shoppers, age 21 and up, Wood’s High Mountain Distillery at 144 West 1st Street in Salida has whiskeys, liqueurs, gins, vodkas, and glass bar gifts for your favorite connoisseurs.
- Sample their luxurious, locally crafted drinks and impress your friends with these unique gifts.
- For complete distillery tours and tastings, we always suggest you make a reservation online.
Opal Boutique: Gifts for the Ladies in Your Life
Cute clothes and trendy accessories are the names of the game at Opal Boutique, located at 128 F Street. Every item in this wonderful store has been hand-picked by the owner to reflect not only high fashion but quality and affordability. There’s clothing for women of all ages, with style choices that run the gamut from classic and conservative to flashy and daring.
- The relaxed and welcoming atmosphere that you’re bound to notice whether you’re shopping for yourself or someone special.
- The boutique’s stylish staff members are on hand to help you find the perfect gift.
“Drift Over” for Unique Finds
No shopping trip is complete without a trip to Drift & Amble. This independent art & print shop specializes in clothing, cards, and jewelry made by hand. Shop for unique gifts for just about everyone on your list. Located right downtown at 117 N F Street you can check everyone off the list and then enjoy a drink down the street at The Woods High Mountain Distillery.
- The shop offers an abundance of handmade goods such as hand screen printed apparel, handmade jewelry, letterpress cards, and other cool stuff.
- Locally sourced clothing from socially responsible companies while also providing fashionable, soft, and unique garments for men, women, and kids.
Outdoor Adventure Gifts at Salida Mountain Sports
Located just off of F Street in the heart of historic downtown is Salida Mountain Sports, your one-stop-shop for all your outdoor adventures. Get your entire family prepared for next year’s excursions with a wide range of camping gear and outdoor clothing from this specialty sports store in Salida, Colorado. This local retailer specializes in outdoor clothing and camping products to meet all your needs.
- Offers a full range of outdoor clothing and gear for both summer and winter sports.
- Sell and service a wide range of outdoor hard gear like tents, sleeping bags, stoves, backcountry skis and accessories, backpacks, etc.
- Helpful and knowledgeable local staff of mountain enthusiasts to answer all your adventure questions.
Make Jewelry Gifts at Riveting Experience Jewelry
Their slogan is “Don’t just give it. Make it!” At Riveting Experience Jewelry at 121 North F Street, Harry and Nicole Hensen would love to guide you through the jewelry-making process, with as much or as little help as you’d like.
Explore the many possibilities of jewelry style and design, and make it your own. The family boasts three generations of metalsmith skills, totaling more than 150 years of combined experience, condensed into five simple steps. Their focus is to make sure you have crafted a piece that your loved one will wear with pride.
- Express your love with the jewelry you made by hand in Salida, Colorado!
Art Gifts for the Outdoor Enthusiast with Darcie Smith Adventurecapes
From backpacking trips to river journeys, Darcie finds inspiration from nature’s beauty and adventures in the outdoors. Vivid color, scale, and movement awaken memories of journeys immersed in nature. She creates original acrylic paintings and custom works to memorialize incredible experiences in the outdoors. Creekside is thrilled to have Darcie Smith Adventurescapes featured throughout the property. She has painted portraits of the chalets and the property which is the perfect gift for someone who has created cherished memories at the chalets. Take a piece of your vacation home! All art on the property is available for purchase.
- Turn your photos into art! Commemorate your stay in Salida with a custom painting done by Darcie.
- See Darcie’s work and order online here.
At Creekside Chalets & Cabins, our mission is to help you escape the stresses of everyday life with an incredible mountain vacation. Revel in the beauty of the mountains, relax to the sounds of the rushing river, and experience an unforgettable winter holiday in Salida, Colorado. Our charming cabins offer stunning views, wonderful amenities, and an unbeatable location. Creekside Chalets nestled amid the snow-crusted mountains of Salida and only a few miles from all of these great activities. Give a gift certificate for a stay at Creekside where guests will enjoy all the comforts of modern living (LED TVs, private hot tubs) while surrounded by rustic, unspoiled beauty. To book your chalet, contact us today.