Salida, Colorado, is the perfect place to complete your holiday shopping. With a wide variety of shops and a historic downtown area, Salida, Colorado, offers a great selection of local Colorado gifts for everyone on your list. When you visit and stay for the holidays in this beautiful area, you can experience the rich variety of locally made goods that are unique to the surrounding culture. Read on to find some of Colorado’s best products and support local businesses when you visit.
Buzz into the Beekeeper’s Honey Boutique
Colorado bees and beekeepers have been buzzing along all year to create these one-of-a-kind honey treats. The Beekeeper’s Honey Boutique at 209 West 3rd Street offers a wide array of pure, unfiltered local honey, honey-based lotions, potions and cosmetics, creamed honey in various flavors, and yummy chunks of honeycomb.
The Beekeepers Honey Boutique has been crafting artisan honey products for over a century! Like their website says, for the past 110 years, this family has produced millions of pounds of sweet golden goodness for local customers. Four generations and a “buzzillion” bee stings later, this sticky business remains their daily passion!
- Try a variety of honey candies and caramels too!
Sip Your Way Through Wood’s High Mountain Distillery
For shoppers, age 21 and up, Wood’s High Mountain Distillery at 144 West 1st Street in Salida has whiskeys, liqueurs, gins, vodkas, and glass bar gifts for your favorite connoisseurs.
- Sample their luxurious, locally crafted drinks and impress your friends with these unique gifts.
- For complete distillery tours and tastings, we always suggest you make a reservation online.
Opal Boutique for the Ladies in Your Life
Cute clothes and trendy accessories are the names of the game at Opal Boutique, located at 128 F Street. Every item in this wonderful store has been hand-picked by the owner to reflect high fashion, quality, and affordability. There’s clothing for women of all ages, with style choices that run the gamut from classic and conservative to flashy and daring.
- You’re bound to notice the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere whether you’re shopping for yourself or someone special.
- The boutique’s stylish staff members are on hand to help you find the perfect gift.
“Drift Over” for Unique Finds
No shopping trip is complete without a trip to Drift & Amble. This independent art & print shop specializes in clothing, cards, and jewelry made by hand. Shop for unique gifts for just about everyone on your list. Located right downtown at 117 N F Street, you can check everyone off the list and then enjoy a drink down the street at The Woods High Mountain Distillery.
- The shop offers an abundance of handmade goods such as hand-screen printed apparel, handmade jewelry, letterpress cards, and other cool stuff.
- Locally sourced clothing from socially responsible companies while providing fashionable, soft, and unique garments for men, women, and kids.
Spend some time at Salida Mountain Sports
Located just off of F Street in the heart of historic downtown is Salida Mountain Sports, your one-stop shop for all your outdoor adventures. Get your entire family prepared for next year’s excursions with a wide range of camping gear and outdoor clothing from this specialty sports store in Salida, Colorado. This local retailer specializes in outdoor clothing and camping products to meet all your needs.
- Offers a full range of outdoor clothing and gear for summer and winter sports.
- Sell and service a wide range of outdoor hard gear like tents, sleeping bags, stoves, backcountry skis and accessories, backpacks, etc.
- Helpful and knowledgeable local staff of mountain enthusiasts to answer all your adventure questions.
Give the Gift of Creekside Chalets
The best gift you can give this season is a reason to visit Salida, Colorado, with a stay at Creekside Chalets. Purchase a gift certificate for as many nights as you wish, and we will personally send it to the recipient. Certificates can be used any time of year and make the perfect present for a family, couple, or outdoor enthusiast.
At Creekside Chalets & Cabins, our mission is to help you escape the stresses of everyday life with an incredible mountain vacation. Revel in the beauty of the mountains, relax to the sounds of the rushing river, and experience an unforgettable winter holiday in Salida, Colorado.
Our charming cabins offer stunning views, wonderful amenities, and an unbeatable location. Creekside Chalets is nestled amid the snow-crusted mountains of Salida and only a few miles from all these great activities. Give a gift certificate for a stay at Creekside, where guests will enjoy all the comforts of modern living (LED TVs, private hot tubs) while surrounded by rustic, unspoiled beauty. To book your chalet, contact us today.