After months of living in near-total quarantine, an early summer getaway sounds better than ever. Travel restrictions in Salida and Chaffee County, Colorado are set to be lifted on June 1st, so now is the perfect time to start planning for your much-needed outdoor vacation. Though social distancing guidelines will still be in effect, there are still plenty of activities you can do to stretch your muscles and enjoy the warming weather.
Outdoor Activities & Tours Open With Social Distancing
One of the best things about our remote Colorado location is that all the best things to do are centered around the natural beauty of the land itself. It’s the perfect space for practicing social distancing without sacrificing what makes it great. Of course, you’ll still have the chance to run into other people and enjoy activities with a group, but there’ll be much fewer crowded rooms and long waiting lists along the way. With the proper precautions in place, there’s still something for everyone.
Performance Tours Rafting
There’s nothing like a river rafting adventure after so much time spent indoors. Performance Tours, one of the premier river rafting companies in Colorado, will be back in business soon enough to offer you and your family just such an opportunity. The plan is to provide each family their own raft and keep a minimum of six feet of distance between boats. It’s the perfect example of fun and exciting outdoor quality time combined with safe social distancing procedures.
Salida Wild West History Tour
If you’re looking for a taste of Colorado’s frontier history, this tour is sure not to disappoint. Salida was once a young and wild town full of opportunity and sometimes violence. Experience the history, culture, architecture, and stories for yourself with this immersive tour led by a knowledgeable guide. Booking is available now for small groups that are socially distanced.
All Season Adventures
Come explore the backcountry of Colorado where you will experience breathtaking views, historic ghost towns, and an overall unforgettable trip! All Season Adventures offers ATV rentals and guided ATV tours, and they’re open for business with social distancing guidelines in place. Whichever activity you choose, you’ll be accompanied by an experienced and knowledgeable guide to take you through the best spots and ensure a fun and safe time is had by all.
Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals
If you have ever wanted to travel to high mountain lakes or traverse passes high above timberline, an offroad adventure can get you there. From Jeeps to UTVs, Motorcycles, and Rental Cars, Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals will help you get off the beaten path, and experience all that Colorado has to offer! Full-day and half-day four-wheeling tours of ghost towns and mountain passes are available and can be booked by calling 719-539-3088.
Other Outdoor Activities You Can Enjoy
With travel restrictions lifted, the rugged Colorado landscape we know and love is open and ready to be explored. As always, there’s something for everyone with a thirst to get outside and make their own adventure.
- Hike A Local 14er – There are more peaks exceeding 14,000 feet here than anywhere else in the country. Hiking the mountain trails here is an adventure you definitely don’t want to pass up.
- Hit The Bike Trails – Biking is huge around here. There are as many bike trails as there are hiking trails. It’s always great fun to take your bikes out into the wilderness and see the sights as you ride.
- Spend Time Fishing – There’s no shortage of great fishing opportunities here, either. The Arkansas River is by far the most popular fishing attraction with more than 70 miles of public access along its side and up to 5,000 trout per mile!
- Go For A Scenic Drive – Some of the roads around here are nearly as spectacular as the trails. Chalk Creek Canyon is a great place for driving with unique geological formations and four historic ghost towns.
Take It Easy At Creekside Chalets
Even if you’re just spending time on the property, there’s still plenty to make your stay with us worthwhile. You’ll find a cozy, quiet, and beautiful atmosphere all around you while you’re here. The woods that surround the property are gorgeous and perfect for a morning stroll. Sitting on the porch of your chalet is also wonderful for winding down in the evening or enjoying your morning coffee as you get ready for whatever adventure you have planned. In addition to our excellent accommodations, you’ll also find some great amenities and activities on-site to ensure you’ll always have something to enjoy.
- Relax In Your Private Hot Tub – It’s yours for as long as you’re here, so be sure to make use of it. Early evening hot-tubing in the mountains is a spectacular experience that’s thoroughly relaxing.
- Gather Round The Fire – Just enjoy being around your family and friends with a nice fire to keep you warm. Finish your day next to a Breck Iron Works propane fire pit, available for rent. Ideal for your chalet porch, patio, or a special ambiance near the hot tub! Rental includes a s’more kit for six.
- Outdoor Grill & Games – Cook a meal outside and amuse yourselves with your favorite outdoor games. There is outdoor cornhole set for guests to use on the property and space for you to enjoy tossing a frisbee or a game of catch. There’s plenty of room to do things your way and enjoy the mountainous air for all it’s worth.
Our Chalets offer an unbeatable location that fits perfectly between the remote wilderness and all the major activities in the area. We’re an eco-friendly and pet-friendly resort, and we offer a selection of pristine cabins with between 1-3 rooms. Contact us here for any questions, concerns, and to book your rental today!